- Bachelor of Education in Science & Mathematics
- Bachelor of Education in Economic Sciences
- Bachelor of Education in English
- Bachelor of Education in Religious Studies
- Bachelor in Primary Education (Enquire for curriculum from the Registrar)
- Bachelor in Early Childhood Education (Enquire for curriculum from the Registrar)
Master’s Degree Programmes
- Master in Education Management
- Master in Literacy and Development
University of Africa offers bachelor degrees in Education, with the fundamental aim of equipping teachers with diplomas with a degree qualification – with all the benefits linked to higher levels of education and studies. The exit levels of the three degrees are organized in terms of five components:
- Fundamental Learning – to develop students’ skills in areas such as literacy and numeracy to enhance competence in learning mediation, assessment and management/ administration;
- Subject and Content of Teaching – focusing on equipping students with skills, values and attitudes needed for development as an educator;
- Teaching and Learning – to enable students to deal with general learning and teaching issues and processes to enhance the student’s roles as mediator, administrator, leader, interpreter and designer of learning programs and materials, as well as for pastoral roles;
- School and the Profession – to equip students for their roles as managers/leaders, particularly when dealing with issues outside day to day classroom situations which, nonetheless, influence what happens in the classroom; and
- Subject focus – that is to equip students to provide quality teaching in a specific field and discipline. Apart from a module to understand the methodology of delivering the relevant field and discipline, these programs also offer intensive knowledge of the specific fields.
Bachelor of Education in Science & Mathematics
A teaching qualification with specialization in Natural Sciences and Mathematics.
Bachelor of Education in Economic Sciences
A teaching qualification with specialization in Commerce.
Bachelor of Education in English
A teaching qualification with specialization in English.
Bachelor of Education in Religious Studies
A teaching qualification with specialization in Religious Studies.
Bachelor of Education Primary Education
A teaching qualification for teachers teaching in Primary Schools.
Bachelor of Education Early Childhood Education
A teaching qualification for teachers teaching and educating children in early childhood prior to Grade 1.
To see a full list of subjects for this department, click here.